Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Badges ?

Article about: Hello gents, Someone in here sell these badges. I'm curious is these world war 2 era japanese badges or not? And is it a military or civilian badges? Thank you in advance.

Question Japanese Badges ?

Hello gents,

Someone in here sell these badges. I'm curious is these world war 2 era japanese badges or not? And is it a military or civilian badges?
    Japanese Badges ?Japanese Badges ?

Thank you in advance.

Post-War Japan Firefighters Association (est. 1948) badges.

The Top one is dated 昭和三十八年 Showa 38 [1963]
    The gold-colored one is dated 昭和三十五年 Showa 35 [1960].

Three are Hiroshima Prefecture Firefighters Association
    広島県
    Hiroshima-ken

消防協会
    Shōbō Kyōkai

Top one is for a pump operation competition [パンプ操法大会]; the others look like "years of service" badges: Greater than 10 years; 15 years; and 20 years.

Here's a youtube showing the pump operation competition. The beginning shows the very military close-order drill and reporting procedure; then the action begins.

If ever you've seen judo kata, .... or sychronized swimming .... you might get a kick out of many of the robotic actions.

--Guy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Badges ?  

Hmmm interesting. I guess these badges was came in here together with the japanese made fire helmet worn by the indonesian firefighter. Maybe at that time, indonesian firefighter sent their personnel to be trained in Japan. Or a Japanese firefighter sent their instructor in here and left his badges.
    Thank you for the help as always.