Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese banner; translation?

Article about: Hi alll, I picked this banner up on an online auction last year. I'm not generally a big fan of Japanese militaria but the price was ridiculously low, so I felt that at the very least this w

Default Japanese banner; translation?

Hi alll,

I picked this banner up on an online auction last year. I'm not generally a big fan of Japanese militaria but the price was ridiculously low, so I felt that at the very least this would be a good display piece, and at best a potential investment.
    If I'm correct its a 'going to war banner' featuring hand-painted writing, which I presume details the name of the soldier in question, along with prayers and wishes from their family. Condition is generally very good, although there are a few holes on the areas painted blue (I've heard this happens to these flags).
    Is there anyone out there who can give a translation, or at least partial translation? What do these things even go for considering they aren't actually IJA items, instead being produced by civilians?
    Hope the pics are OK (I really hope it isn't upside down....).

Japanese banner; translation?Japanese banner; translation?

Iwai
    Congratulation

入營
    Nyūei
    Enlistment

須口 正基
    Suguchi Masaki

奉天 康徳組 出張所
    Mukden Yasunori-gumi Shutchōjo
    Mukden, Yasunori Group/Union Sub-branch [Shutchōjo= branch office; agency; sub-branch]

"Yasunori-gumi" might be pronounced Yasunori-kumi, but I don't know for sure.

--Guy