Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese buckle, Manchuria?

Article about: Hi, This buckle came from China, what was then Manchuria. Would anyone heave an idea or be able to identify this buckle and unit it was used? I presume it is Japanese. Thanks, Neil.

Default Japanese buckle, Manchuria?

Hi,

This buckle came from China, what was then Manchuria.

Would anyone heave an idea or be able to identify this buckle and unit it was used? I presume it is Japanese.

Thanks,
    Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese buckle, Manchuria?   Japanese buckle, Manchuria?  

Default Re: Japanese buckle, Manchuria?

What makes you think it's Japanese? Construction almost looks Western in design. Not something that I recognize anyways...perhaps others will have more info for you but I don't know if it's Japanese.
    Cheers!
    Rob

?

It is a western design- I don't know the proper designation for it but it's a simple friction slide buckle that's been used by the US for a very long time; not the same front of course, but I would think it a Chinese copy of the US pattern unless the Japanese copied the buckle too...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Well, it came from a military antique outlet in North East China and it does not look like any Chinese or Soviet old buckle, so we assumed it was Japanese.
    If not, maybe American buckle?

Neil.

?

some far east countries used US lookalike equipment after ww2. i know for sure Thailand has similar belt buckles. Maybe it's from some neighbour country
    Regards

Matt