Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese China Incident Medal 1937-1945

Article about: It's my cased japanese China Incident Medal 1937-1945:

R.R
    ?

Default Japanese China Incident Medal 1937-1945

It's my cased japanese China Incident Medal 1937-1945:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese China Incident Medal 1937-1945   Japanese China Incident Medal 1937-1945  

Japanese China Incident Medal 1937-1945   Japanese China Incident Medal 1937-1945  

Japanese China Incident Medal 1937-1945   Japanese China Incident Medal 1937-1945  

Default Re: Japanese China Incident Medal 1937-1945

Hey there!

Looks great, bit more info forthcoming would help improve peoples perception of it's historical importance!

Looking forward to your reply, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

R.R
    ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hey there!

Looks great, bit more info forthcoming would help improve peoples perception of it's historical importance!

Looking forward to your reply, Ned.

Ned,

Here is a resume about this medal from this site: www.xavierb.net

This medal commemorates the renewed Japanese intervention in China from 1937 to 1945. This undeclared war (know as "incident" by the Japanese) did not end until Japanese surrender in 1945.

Imperial Edict No. 496 of 27 July 1939 established this award for all personnel who departed for China, so it is a very common medal. It is of 30 mm. bronze (sometimes pure matt finish or gilt finish), with the same suspender as the previous 193-34 incident war medal. The observe shows the mythical giant red crow "yata-no-karasu" but depicted with two legs instead of the three that the mythical bird really had. Army and a Navy flags surround the bird. Above it there is the usual chrysanthemum crest. Reverse shows a sea and some mountains with four seal characters.

Ribbon is 37 mm. watered silk of 3 mm. blue, 3 mm. light blue, 7,5 mm. tan, 3,5 mm. dark pink and 2 mm. bright read. The colours are meant for the Navy, the Air Force, the Army, the blood-stained soil of China and loyalty. The case is of paste, black, with the name of the medal in silver .

Hi RR!,

That is the most prompt and officially sounding correct reply i've ever seen !!

Many thanks for such interesting info on a much overlooked subject!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.