Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Cold Weather Box

Article about: Greetings, Sorry for the delay. I'm moving house. Some good news, a couple of my friends snagged a Japanese box while on vacation for me. The Kanji says, "The bag in which clothes again

Default Japanese Cold Weather Box

Greetings,

Sorry for the delay. I'm moving house. Some good news, a couple of my friends snagged a Japanese box while on vacation for me. The Kanji says, "The bag in which clothes against the cold are put," according to my cousin. So it's a cold weather box. It's big enough for boots and some gloves.

Best part is, on inside of the box is a name, "Captain Bock, 6th US Field Hospital". Doing a simple search, I found that the 6th Field Hospital was sent to Kiska Island in August '43, just after the Japanese evacuated. I'm thinking that Captain Bock picked up this souviner while on the island. In '44 the unit was sent to Europe and spent the rest of the war there, deactivating in October '45, I believe.

I wasn't able to find any info on Captain Bock. There's no first name or initial to base a solid search on. Any help would be appreciated. Japanese Cold Weather Box

"Made in 1941, electrically heated flight suit" it says. This is a navy model.