Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese/ Dutch East-Indies ID card?

Article about: Today I got this card ID'd to a Dutch woman in the Dutch East-Indies. The card is in, I think, Japanese and bahasa Indonesia and I assume it's some sort of ID card and dates from 1942-1945.

Default Japanese/ Dutch East-Indies ID card?

Today I got this card ID'd to a Dutch woman in the Dutch East-Indies. The card is in, I think, Japanese and bahasa Indonesia and I assume it's some sort of ID card and dates from 1942-1945. Could anyone confirm that or tell me what it is if I'm wrong?

外国人居住登録書
    Alien Residence Registration Form

a. 登録番号 3325
    Registration number 3325

b. 姓名 (年令) Full name (age)

c. 現住所 Current address

d. (1) 国籍 Nationality
    (2) 出生地 Place of birth
    (3) 出身地 Hometown

e. 職業 Occupation

f. 在留年數 Number of Years Residency

g. (1) 配偶者の有無 Marital status
    (2) 家族數 (末登録) Number of family(Finished Registration)
    =====
    Right side:
    寫眞 Photo [post 1946 kanji: 写真]
    指印 Fingerprint
    登録料 Registration fee
    ===

Bottom block:
    大日本軍に對する誠意の宣誓をなし外国人居住登録をなしたることを
    證明

Has made an oath of sincerity towards the Japanese army and has a foreigner resident registration.

-- Guy

It was issued on 8th June 1942 by the Army's 29th Infantry Regiment. They will sail off to Rabaul in September of that year to be deployed in the assault on Guadalcanal.

Thank you so much! I guess this might be an usual document since it states this oath towards the Japanese army... not something many people would like to be reminded of after the war.

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    It was issued on 8th June 1942 by the Army's 29th Infantry Regiment. They will sail off to Rabaul in September of that year to be deployed in the assault on Guadalcanal.
    Thanks, I assume you can see that from the one of the stamps?

Quote by earlymb View Post
    Thanks, I assume you can see that from the one of the stamps?
    No, that was handwritten just above the text in the bottom block:

昭和176
    大日本軍に對する誠意の宣誓をなし外国人居住登録をなしたることを
    證明

-- Guy

HERE SHE IS!

Emma Caroline van 't Wout Hofland

Born: Buitenzorg (Bogor, West Java), 1909
    Died: Buitenzorg, 1946

Her Family Tree

Looks like she died in 1946. She was 32 in 1941

- - ------- - -

I'll bet that site would love to get a copy of your card!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese/ Dutch East-Indies ID card?  

Must be some way to get the card or her photo added here.

-- Guy

Her father, Jacobus Albertus van 't Wout Hofland, was born in Soebang on 22 March 1855 and died on 15 May 1932.

He married secondly (first wife died in 1898) in 1902 to Adrienne Pauline Adelaide Josephine van 't Wout Hofland (nee Gerrits), who was born in Muntok, Indonesia 21 April 1868 and died [location unstated] on 1965.

One daughter (Emma) from the second marriage; six children from the first marriage and there are living descendants.
    Last edited by ghp95134; 09-29-2019 at 12:34 AM. Reason: one child from 2nd marriage.

Thanks for all that information! I would have thought the written numbers were a date or so.

I also have Emma's 'Temporarily ID Card for Liberated Detainees' and that of her mother, Pauline. They were family of my aunt's best friend who unfortunately passed away last year and my aunt came across these items while helping clearing the house. I went through a load of family history like photo's etc. dating back to the 1860's and I think I saw an official letter about Emma's passing that I left behind. I will go and look for it next time, according to my aunt there might be more material in storage.

While my aunt's friend was keen on looking into the family's history her relatives aren't interested in keeping it all so I get to pick from it, and the rest will be offered to a institute/archive on Dutch colonial history in the Dutch East-Indies as they are fortunately aware things like this are historically significant. I myself am looking into the period around 1940-1950.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast