Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Field Hat

Article about: I picked this one up a few years back. It's well used, and has a couple holes. It came with the rank insignia on it. I have a small Japanese collection, I'll take some photos to post soon. T

?

Default Japanese Field Hat

I picked this one up a few years back. It's well used, and has a couple holes. It came with the rank insignia on it. I have a small Japanese collection, I'll take some photos to post soon. Thanks for looking, Rob.Japanese Field HatJapanese Field HatJapanese Field HatJapanese Field HatJapanese Field HatJapanese Field Hat

?

Good looking cap.

?

Thanks, Steve.

?

Nice one.

My interest in japanese military is growing every day.

?

Looks like a late war officer's field cap. Star insignia looks mounted too high. Collar tab of enlisted might of been added post war. Can you check to see how star was attached? Should be machine sewn under liner. There should be no visible stitches

?

Jareth, the star is machine sewn on. No stitches visible inside of the hat, covered by the lining. Thanks, Rob.

?

Excellent news! That cap is an officer's variation so the low rank tab has me confused

?

Cool, Jareth, the rank tab was on it when I found it. No idea when it was added, I just left it as found. Thanks, Rob.