Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Flag - Opinions needed

Article about: Found this flag for sale and I would appreciate any opinions on it being WW2 period. The writing seems very vivid to me, but I have not dealt with these before. Materials looks ok to me. I a

Default Japanese Flag - Opinions needed

Found this flag for sale and I would appreciate any opinions on it being WW2 period. The writing seems very vivid to me, but I have not dealt with these before. Materials looks ok to me. I also am posting a Japanese helmet from the same seller.

Thanks,
    Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Flag - Opinions needed   Japanese Flag - Opinions needed  

Japanese Flag - Opinions needed  

Looks OK, though handwriting tends to be uniform. At least the shrine stamp is not the current one below used by that shrine. Note different spacing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Flag - Opinions needed  

Very good. Thanks for the reference picture Nick - I will let you know if I am able to obtain the piece.

Nick forgot to tell you it is the Minatogawa Shrine.

湊川神社
    Minatogawa Jinja

Short English Wiki article.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Flag - Opinions needed   Japanese Flag - Opinions needed  

Very cool. Thanks guys. You gave me some great starting points to look deeper into and gain some knowledge on these types of flags.