Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

japanese flag+pole

Article about: hi guys i have this one for some time now but i cant find any info about it can someone help me with its background it is made out of silk and the pole is 3 piece construction cheers jacob

Default japanese flag+pole

hi guys

i have this one for some time now but i cant find any info about it
    can someone help me with its background

it is made out of silk and the pole is 3 piece construction

cheers jacob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture japanese flag+pole  

Default Re: japanese flag+pole

i meant is there a special group who jused gold tread around the flags. and could this one be older than ww2 as it is made out of silk and not from cotton

for more pics please ask

?

Hi Jacob , apologies for not replying earlier , but i did not see this thread until late last night ! Congratulations on a very nice patriotic flag . this would have been used by a family to celebrate special days in the Japanese calender , and would be hung outside in a pole hanger , or could be carried in a parade . I agree with you that this flag could be pre WW2 , maybe early showa era (1920`s to 1930`s ) The flag pole was made in three pieces and could be taken apart and stored with the flag in a case until needed on the next patriotic day . Have a look at this flag pole holder , which would have been fixed to a door frame or an outside wall . The kanji ( or writing ) on the holder denote some specific flag waving day`s in Japan , such as the day Emperor Taisho died , or " Japanese Family Worship " day ( which was banned after WW2 )

cheers Al
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture japanese flag+pole   japanese flag+pole  

?

Hi again Jacob , I`d really appreciate a close up of the finial if possible !

cheers Al

hi alan

thank you for the reply
    is there also an possebilaty that the flag could have been from a high placed officer in the army/airforce

at some places the black paint came of and i did noticed that there are inscriptions at the back of the paint [rise paper whit black letters] the places were the paint came of are restored

hope you can tell me a bit more but thanks for the information so far as it is verry hard to find some info on the net about these flags

cheers jacob

Quote by Alan M View Post
    Hi again Jacob , I`d really appreciate a close up of the finial if possible !

cheers Al
    here you go
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture japanese flag+pole   japanese flag+pole  

japanese flag+pole   japanese flag+pole  

?

Hi Jacob , it would be pure speculation to say if this was from a forces officer , but the gold fringe around the edge of the flag does suggest it was probably owned by an upper class family ! I really like that flag and pole , and it display`s wonderfully , how long have you had it ?

cheers Al

?

Hi Jacob , a nice chrysanthemum , there is a " festival of happiness " in Japan to celebrate this flower It is also the symbol of the Emperor , and is considered " good luck " . Is there any patina on it , or has it been polished , as it looks very shiny , but i know it is hard to get a good image

cheers Al

hi alan

i have the flag for i think 6 or 7 months now maybe less
    there is a patina on it but still is verry shiny

thank you for your help

The pole top is a cherry blossom, not a chrysanthemum .

Bob Hritz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast