Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Japanese Goverment Philippine paper money 1942-43

Article about: Does anyone have any interest in this paper money. My uncle passed & found this tucked away in a metal box in basement. the envelope is interesting as its from his ship the USS Gleaves,

?

Default Japanese Goverment Philippine paper money 1942-43

Does anyone have any interest in this paper money. My uncle passed & found this tucked away in a metal box in basement. the envelope is interesting as its from his ship the USS Gleaves, a destroyer, in San Francisco to his home. post marked Nov 11 1945 !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JAP_money.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	238.1 KB 
ID:	817955  

Its interesting stuff but as Im sure U know not particularly rare-that being said I might be interested if it's not too much-how much u asking for it??

Thanks!!

MAP
    ?

Nice stuff Bill. Close ups would be nice. Looks like excellent condition!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Guys-
    This is not the marketplace. If these items are for sale, place them in the For Sale section, not in a thread.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

will do Bob if they are for sale. ! sorry, just seeing if there is any interest in these as they are common.

I've a few -Down here we called it banana money

?

Very nice. I have been trawling around for japanese relics and militaria. But its far and between anything down here
    Collect ROA, Cossack, Schuma and other WW2 Volunteer militaria.

"Be Humble and kind, for you may find that it was Odin you entertained"

I found a roll of this stuff inside the liner of my first Japanese helmet. The owner had secreted it there and it remained in place until I bought the helmet in the early 1960's.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

TrondK, its been 70 years ! whats left has been buried deep or washed out to sea I would think.

?

Yes Bill, i believe the same thing.
    I have seen a couple of rusty willis? wrecks around, but thats all. I have put the word out i am interested in militaria. But as we know the japanese soldiers were treating locals sometimes very bad, so the locals got rid of everything as quickly as possible in 45.
    I have been inspecting acouple of the few old houses that had japanese officers in them. But absolutely nothing is to be found yet. Not even when i use the magical word: Money

They want me on a detector inspection during the summer to a japanese site with "bured" loot. I dont believe there will be anything, but lets wait and see. Im going to take photos of the expedition and share here anyway.
    Collect ROA, Cossack, Schuma and other WW2 Volunteer militaria.

"Be Humble and kind, for you may find that it was Odin you entertained"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast