Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Goverment Philippine paper money 1942-43

Article about: Does anyone have any interest in this paper money. My uncle passed & found this tucked away in a metal box in basement. the envelope is interesting as its from his ship the USS Gleaves,

?

Default Japanese Goverment Philippine paper money 1942-43

Does anyone have any interest in this paper money. My uncle passed & found this tucked away in a metal box in basement. the envelope is interesting as its from his ship the USS Gleaves, a destroyer, in San Francisco to his home. post marked Nov 11 1945 !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Goverment Philippine paper money 1942-43  

Its interesting stuff but as Im sure U know not particularly rare-that being said I might be interested if it's not too much-how much u asking for it??

Thanks!!

MAP
    ?

Nice stuff Bill. Close ups would be nice. Looks like excellent condition!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Guys-
    This is not the marketplace. If these items are for sale, place them in the For Sale section, not in a thread.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

will do Bob if they are for sale. ! sorry, just seeing if there is any interest in these as they are common.

I've a few -Down here we called it banana money

?

Very nice. I have been trawling around for japanese relics and militaria. But its far and between anything down here

I found a roll of this stuff inside the liner of my first Japanese helmet. The owner had secreted it there and it remained in place until I bought the helmet in the early 1960's.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

TrondK, its been 70 years ! whats left has been buried deep or washed out to sea I would think.

?

Yes Bill, i believe the same thing.
    I have seen a couple of rusty willis? wrecks around, but thats all. I have put the word out i am interested in militaria. But as we know the japanese soldiers were treating locals sometimes very bad, so the locals got rid of everything as quickly as possible in 45.
    I have been inspecting acouple of the few old houses that had japanese officers in them. But absolutely nothing is to be found yet. Not even when i use the magical word: Money

They want me on a detector inspection during the summer to a japanese site with "bured" loot. I dont believe there will be anything, but lets wait and see. Im going to take photos of the expedition and share here anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast