Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese government-issued dollar

Article about: Hi, Another of the smaller peices in my collection is bank notes, 1,5 and 10 dollars meant for use in occupied Borneo. (I have many other Japanese government-issued bank notes but have only

Default Japanese government-issued dollar

Hi,

Another of the smaller peices in my collection is bank notes, 1,5 and 10 dollars meant for use in occupied Borneo. (I have many other Japanese government-issued bank notes but have only photographed these ones so far.)

If you have any Japanese government-issued bank notes feel free to post pics of them here. Would be great to see many other varieties.

Cheers-

Darren.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese government-issued dollar   Japanese government-issued dollar  

Japanese government-issued dollar  

Default Re: Japanese government-issued dollar

Here is my example of what Allied troops mockingly called "Banana Money".

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese government-issued dollar  

Great, thanks for sharing Ade . Yours is Rupees so it would have been used in occupied Burma.

Cheers-

Darren.

Hi Darren, yes that is correct and would fit in with it being brought home by a British serviceman. It came as part of a small group of items removed from a dead Japanese soldier. (Flag, collar tab, banknote, ivory cigarette holder)

Cheers, Ade.

Yes, i recall seeing those items in an old thread of yours. If you ever feel like parting with them i would certainly be interested

Cheers-

Darren.

?

they make a super display .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Hey Alan, yeah they are great and display well.

Just recently been thinking of new ways to display them. Mine have just been sitting in one of my display cases but i am thinking of framing them.

Cheers-

Darren.

Here are some of the Japanese currency items in my collection. Sadly, I can't speak to specifics on any given piece of script. The majority were collected by my Dad and I have thankfully been given possession of the collection. Which includes quite a variety of currency and coin. I really need to take some time and investigate the stuff. And the ordnance and SAA and stamps and, and. . .

Just remembered, the Pesos are for the Phillipines.
    Attached Images Attached Images Japanese government-issued dollar  Japanese government-issued dollar  Japanese government-issued dollar  Japanese government-issued dollar  Japanese government-issued dollar  Japanese government-issued dollar  Japanese government-issued dollar  Japanese government-issued dollar  Japanese government-issued dollar 

?

That`s a super collection Rick
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Quote by Alan M View Post
    That`s a super collection Rick

I agree, great collection

I only have 6 different sets of Japanese bank notes but unfortunately no coins as they are quite hard to come by here.

Thanks for sharing your collection with us.

Cheers-

Darren.