Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Japanese helmet, machine gun damage, japanese text inside cloth cover, translation?

Article about: Conclusion following Translation I am very happy! The information provided by you forum experts is consistent with the translationís I have obtained via Elance and some positive identificati

Default Re: Japanese helmet, machine gun damage, japanese text inside cloth cover, translation?

How cool is this! "Captured documents" retained for posterity.

I can recognise some of the kanji here by comparing it with the notes from the translator Luwika S.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1 in Kanji of AWM82 1-1-5.JPG 
Views:	188 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	322525   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AWM cover of AWM82 1-1-5.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	322524  

Attached Images Attached Images  

?

Default Re: Japanese helmet, machine gun damage, japanese text inside cloth cover, translation?

Very cool!

Tom

Smile Re: Japanese helmet, machine gun damage, japanese text inside cloth cover, translation?

Quote by Scout View Post
    If not too much bother, it would be great if you could post some of the pics from the album too.
    No need for the grisly ones nor the personal ones (familily), if thats a problem.
    Anyway, Im way more interested in the 'officers with swords' & 'military ceremonies' pics if at all possible.
    PS
    I assume your big toe is sticking upwards like that with the strain of pushing the camera button!
    Hello Scout

I'm sorry it took a while to get back to this. I decided to include the 'family photo' aswell as these 4 seem to be a set of 'captured japanese personal photos'. I would like to know what the photos are showing if anyone has an informed opinion.

I now have the two interrogation reports from the Australian War Memorial I ordered copies of, and also the two nominal rolls for the 5th Kure SNLP. I have found Nakatani Kenichi's name on both versions of the roll. Roll AWM 82 1/1/5 is particularly interesting as the SNLP is broken down by organisational structure. AWM 82 1/1/2 is alphabetic, organised according to the Iroha and is less 'useful', though still very cool.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3326.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	244.8 KB 
ID:	330885   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3324.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	241.4 KB 
ID:	330886  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3325.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	237.9 KB 
ID:	330887   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3323.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	249.0 KB 
ID:	330888  

I forgot to mention.......extra marks for anyone who can identify the people in the photos

Fascinating read! I'll tell you Paul, everyone here contributed to your discovery quite nicely. I am looking at an auction with a Kobe Seiko marked helmet. This was the thread that helped me identify it! Neil H.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345