Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Japanese helmet, machine gun damage, japanese text inside cloth cover, translation?

Article about: Conclusion following Translation I am very happy! The information provided by you forum experts is consistent with the translationís I have obtained via Elance and some positive identificati

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Japanese number their companies like the Germans? In any given regiment the breakdown is something like:

1st Bn: 1,2,3,4 companies, plus a weapons company (or anti-tank, or whatever ... my memory fades and I don't want to look it up)

2d Bn: 5,6,7,8 companies, plus;

3d Bn: 9,10,11, 12 companies, plus.

If the above premise is accurate, Nakatani should be in 5th Regiment, 1st Bn, 1st Co, 1st Plt.

--Guy

?

Guy I'm uncertain about that. Nick might know. I don't know how I missed this thread all those years ago !

?

I don't believe SNLF units ever reached regimental proportions. I think rifle companies were the norm, possibly within a couple battalions.

Tom

I knew the thread was pretty old. Russ was researching some stuff similar to this group. I ran across it by accident and thought he would like to see it so I brought it back to the top. Oh, also, I'm kinda in love with this group of bring backs as well lol..

Wow, very nice item! Thanks for sharing

You guys need to bear in mind that the original poster has not been back on this forum for nearly 6 years, so clearly this is not going anywhere further.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456