Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Helmet for review

Article about: As mentioned, I am unfamiliar with Japanese helmets. What are the thoughts to originality on this one? Looks like the anchor has been repainted. Let me know if I need to ask the seller for m

Default Japanese Helmet for review

As mentioned, I am unfamiliar with Japanese helmets. What are the thoughts to originality on this one? Looks like the anchor has been repainted. Let me know if I need to ask the seller for more specific pictures of any attribute.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Helmet for review   Japanese Helmet for review  

Japanese Helmet for review  

Another picture that I just got.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Helmet for review  

MAP
    ?

I'm not overly comfortable with this helmet. The anchor appears hand painted and the scratches look contrived. Can't tell much about the liner as the photo is too blurry.

Also the rivets appear to be domed (IJA) verse the flat (IJN).

Check out this near mint example

SNLF Helmet

Here is my IJA with domed rivets and my IJN with flat

IJA T90 Helmet

Japanese IJN T90 Helmet with 2nd Pattern Cover

Hopefully Jareth and others with more experience see this and opine!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am not a fan of anchor either or the painting on the inside of the lid. Looks enhanced to me.
    John

?

I agree. Somethings off. Need closeup of stencil anchor as well as anchor on interior rim which I've never seen on a helmet before!

Not commenting on authenticity, etc., but the name is

加代

Kayo
    [ka'yo; not "kay-o"]

--Guy

Thanks guys. I agree with everything said about the suspicions of the piece being enhanced. I will pass on this as I would rather have an unmessed with lid. I asked the seller where he obtained this piece and he said eBay - go figure. Hopefully, I can obtain the flag in the other posts. Have a good Sunday everyone.

Nick

Hi Nick
    This one has been messed with as stated in other posts. These appear on sites for sale occasionally. Wait for an original, most are unmessed with that I come across.

David