Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Helmets and Covers

Article about: Catfan, your're right, I've looked at this thread a number of times and sat on the fence. They look too good to be true to me, it all hinges on how much you can find out about the guy that o

?

Default Japanese Helmets and Covers

Gentlemen, recently found 2 Japanese type 90 helmets and 4 covers in the locker of WW2 Supply Sergeant. His military career spanned WW2 through at least 71/72. Helmets appear to be in unissued condition scarred only from stacking. Helmet shells are identical. Liners and chin straps are different. How many manufacturers of helmets did the Japanese have? Covers also apppear unissued with only some rust marks around edge and wear to outer edge that would suggest they were on helmets at one time or another. For some reason pictures did not load in the correct order. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    Japanese Helmets and CoversJapanese Helmets and CoversJapanese Helmets and CoversJapanese Helmets and CoversJapanese Helmets and CoversJapanese Helmets and CoversJapanese Helmets and CoversJapanese Helmets and CoversJapanese Helmets and Covers

?

Default Re: Japanese Helmets and Covers

Are there any markings on the inside of the helmet rim ?
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Yes, sorry for not picking that up on either of the pictures. They are both marked only as - small.

?

Quote by catfan View Post
    Yes, sorry for not picking that up on either of the pictures. They are both marked only as - small.
    Sorry , i meant are there stamps or marks pressed into the metal ?
    REGARDS AL

?

None that I am aware of. Thanks

?

Just hoping to get some thoughts on whether these may all be period, untouched originals. I have never come across unissued helmets and covers in quantity and am a little leary. Compared to an original vet pick up, named helmet we are talking material and stitching differences between all three liners and chinstraps. The covers all have the same rust marks around the inner edge and wear along the outer edge that throws up a red flag. Were there post war fakes and refurbs for these two items? Looking at this Vets service career he could have picked them up during the war or occupation. He also could have picked them up much later somewhere else that he was stationed? Thank You

?

I must apologize for earlier reply. There does appear to be a stamp of an S inside a diamond.

?

It`s very unusual to find these in the condition you show and i am taking my time in studying your pictures . Is it possible to show me the helmet attachments for the chin straps please ?
    REGARDS AL

?

Sorry, but the helmets are not in my possession. I did check the attaching hardware and it was correct. All hardware also did look as good as the day the helmets were assembled. I can try for more pictures if necessary but they are about an hour away. Thank You

?

Allan, I appreciate the responses so far. After 140+ views there are no others with insight or opinions on these items??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast