Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Imperial Naval Dagger

Article about: Got this naval dagger yesterday, its a US vet bring back. I think its a nice addition to my NCO gunto 95 ( i also bought a nice Original NCO leather tassel which is on its way to me) This is

?

Default Japanese Imperial Naval Dagger

Got this naval dagger yesterday, its a US vet bring back.
    I think its a nice addition to my NCO gunto 95 ( i also bought a nice Original NCO leather tassel which is on its way to me)
    This is the info i got with the dagger:
    " My uncle fought with the US Marines in the Pacific where he participated in the initial landings on Guam and the Marianas Islands in July 1944 as well as saw combat on Iwo Jima and the Volcano Islands in Feb. 1945."

The blade is superb, its nicely marked with the arsenal and marine acceptance stamp on the crossguard.
    On the scabbard as well as on the dagger and crossguard you see the W.D. initials
    The stingray leather has a bit of skrinking, often seen on these daggers.
    It has a nice dark overall patina but very clear to see the gold plating and the white ray skin below.
    Enjoy the pics
    Cheers Ger
    Japanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval DaggerJapanese Imperial Naval Dagger

?

Mr Ger excellent photos..of an excellent dirk..I can the intials WB now...I think that one will be a great display piece.. tahnks for showing.. Cheers Terry.

Not something I know anything about, but I can appreciate the quality and workmanship of this item. It looks very nice indeed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Beautiful Naval dirk, nice clean blade

?

A beautiful dagger Ger! It's in great condition and the detail on the fittings is fantastic. The workmanship is obvious on this dagger. Great blade too. I look forward to seeing this one in hand!

Danny

Beautiful Ger!
    I have been wanting one of these for a long time now.
    Still hoping,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I love it Ger congrats on a lovely dirk .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

pity about the initials scratched on it but v/nice just the same.

?

Thank you Gents for the nice words!
    Im very pleased with this dagger, it shows some nice craftmanship

Harry the initials are blown out of proportions, in fact this is a very little dagger and you only see the markings so well because i make those nice detailed Pics, LOL!

In hand you have to look very well to even see them, seller didnt saw them either, but i have a trained eye working with german edged weapons thats needed today!

Ger

?

These used to be quite common. The polished ray/shark skin scabbard is the more desirable variation. I have to agree that initials would kill it for me & certainly devalue it to some extent

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast