Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Kanji Flag?

Article about: Love flags. Have several Japanese flags, but not one with any Kanji on it. Is this one any good? What's a reasonable price (USD) for one this size (over 3.5 feet in length)? Thanks, Brian

Default Japanese Kanji Flag?

Love flags. Have several Japanese flags, but not one with any Kanji on it. Is this one any good?
    What's a reasonable price (USD) for one this size (over 3.5 feet in length)?
    Thanks,
    Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Kanji Flag?   Japanese Kanji Flag?  

Japanese Kanji Flag?   Japanese Kanji Flag?  

?

Default Re: Japanese Kanji Flag?

Hi Brian , i also love these flags , but there are a hell of a lot of these being touted around at the moment , and i am very sceptical of the origins of many of them so unless you have trustworthy knowledge of whom it came from be careful . That is not to say that the one you show is not authentic and i like the manufacturers label on the corner tab . A lot of original period "blank " flags are now having Kanji cleverly added to them to increase their value by gangs of four or five different people to give the impression that they have been signed in varying handwriting styles as originals were but it is impossible to make a call on cloth items from photos as you do not get to feel and smell them to get an idea of age . I have seen them pass hands from $60 to over $300 for top examples !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Default Re: Japanese Kanji Flag?

Thanks Alan!
    I am going to pass on this one. It looks too "clean" for me. Because of what you said and some advice from another friend, I'm going to try and purchase a vet bring-back with a solid provenance!
    I appreciate your help.
    Brian