Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Japanese Medal

Article about: Hi everyone, I just acquired this Japanese medal. The seller said it was from the WWI - WWII era, though it might not be a combat medal. It came with the presentation box, but appears to be

Default Japanese Medal

Hi everyone,

I just acquired this Japanese medal. The seller said it was from the WWI - WWII era, though it might not be a combat medal. It came with the presentation box, but appears to be missing the liner. If anyone could help the translation, that would be a big help.

Thanks, John

(I'll post some better pics if needed when it arrives)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medal1.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	126455  
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Default Re: Japanese Medal

No idea?

I have just started collecting Japanese. This looks to be non military. I have a Patriotic Women's Association (Aikoku Fujinkai) medal in a similar style box with liner. Try some general searches on the internet and you may find this one. Neil

Try looking at the imperialjapanesemedalsandbadges.com web site. There is a lot of stuff listed there. The box is known as Paulonia wood. NH

Thanks for the site Neil(I know what I'll be looking at tonight!). Looks like my search shall continue... if I come across any info I'll be sure to post.