Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese MP armband WWII?

Article about: Hi, This seems to be a MP armband used by the Japanese during their occupation of Manchuria from 1932-1945, but I am not sure. Is there a way to verify this? on the back are unclear markings

Default Japanese MP armband WWII?

Hi,

This seems to be a MP armband used by the Japanese during their occupation of Manchuria from 1932-1945, but I am not sure. Is there a way to verify this? on the back are unclear markings, faded due to age, and a number 29, visible. Please see scans.

Thanks,
    Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese MP armband WWII?   Japanese MP armband WWII?  

Japanese MP armband WWII?  

Tom2
    ?

Default Re: Japanese MP armband WWII?

Well there is a seller on ebay that I buy items from , in Japan. Sells alot of militaria and military sake cups, etc. Have been satisfied with purchases from him. He seems to have a large collection that he is selling off. He might be of some help as he has seen quite alot of Japanese items or owned them right at the source. Goes by Gunginantiques on ebay. He is a westerner over there for a long time. Check his interesting items for sale. I am not trying to shill for him here, but he has been informative and helpful to me in the past, although answers often short and to the point. I should post some of his items I have on here at some point.

pjm
    ?

This looks correct. I had one acquired in Japan about 20 years ago that had only the characters. They were applied in cloth and not printed.

Hi,

Well, most of the Japanese items I have found are Manchurian related.

Tnx,
    Neil.