Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Japanese MYSTERY Box!

Article about: Hi folks! A friend of mine just found this box. It is locked and he cannot open it. However, he knows there's something inside the box. Assuming it has not been messed with since the war...

?

That's so cool, hopefully he can get that open!
    Ryan

Awesome, Guy! Thank you so much.

I followed the link you sent, but I haven't seen this box in person yet... so I have no idea how big it is. Does the scope and tripod fit in this box?

Here's the Google Translation of that Japanese link:
    Is it used for anything the optical weapons .
    It was said in humans and to observe the impact of the shells , it is the duty of the battery commander's telescope , ground orientation device is equipment for the purpose of clearly different .
    Whole set , on top of the image , the lid of the box body , the lower inside .

I have to get together a squad mirror ninety-three formula gun . About well , parts , accessories is a perfect condition .
    It is a device that is placed on tripod ( wooden stage 2 ) , measuring the direction and distance very accurately . 10 times , glasses is 6 degrees field of view .
    It is not for observation landing from narrow field of view , and goniometer artificial horizon two auxiliary glasses three elaborate two memories are attached to the main body .
    It has a stand when you put on the tripod and mounted the exact same magnet .
    Error at 1km 's a delicate instrument of millimeter even from a layman's point of view . So it is not a thing that was used to observe the shell .
    It is too delicate to be in the vicinity of the gun column .

Body is small . Length , 22cm height , but the width 13cm, and is composed of several components 10 .
    The tripod , state folded 's about 150cm 86cm, stretched . I put up with sturdy metal part to a wooden stick .

Of iron plate made ​​say " ninety-eight formula light armored ground orientation ( box ) " and the box body length , 24cm height , width of 15cm,
    Glasses 1 , body 1 , as other accessories , ( filter ) 1 , 1 compass , vertical ball 1 , 1 stick screwdriver , cleaning brush one color mirror ,
    It is fixed to the back of the cover fabric 1 , but two U.S. tape measure 1 , wipe .
    Band bear comes with the box , it's a mechanism to transport soldiers in play .

Tripod Add to accommodate sac of thick canvas .

Production can be seen in the nameplate of "Tokyo Optical Co., Ltd. in October seventeen years no31692, Showa " . Currently , a global manufacturer of medical equipment , such as electron microscope this company is " TOKO].

This earth orientation machine , to estimate and engineer the production of a map, and is a device that was used to survey for the production of battery and position .

I'm wondering if that last kanji is a simplified version of meaning box. Funnily enough, it is pronounced "kan" (can!)

You're amazing. Thanks, Guy!

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Awesome, Guy! Thank you so much.

I followed the link you sent, but I haven't seen this box in person yet... so I have no idea how big it is. Does the scope and tripod fit in this box?
    I know the "translation" is hard to follow. However, the box size is 24cm x 15cm (9.45" x 5.91") and the tripod was carried in a separate canvas bag.
    The tripod is 86cm (33.86") folded, and 150cm (59") unfolded.

--Guy

?

Great stuff Guy , it's a case for a theodolite . I wonder if it is still inside ?
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Quote by Alan M View Post
    ...it's a case for a theodolite ....
    There's a new word for me: theodolite. Is that the same as a transit?
    A theodolite /θiːˈɒdəlaɪt/ is a precision instrument for measuring angles in the horizontal and vertical planes. Theodolites are used mainly for surveying applications, and have been adapted for specialized purposes in fields like metrology and rocket launch technology. A modern theodolite consists of a movable telescope mounted within two perpendicular axes—the horizontal or trunnion axis, and the vertical axis. When the telescope is pointed at a target object, the angle of each of these axes can be measured with great precision, typically to seconds of arc.

Theodolites, such as the Brunton Pocket Transit commonly employed for field measurements by geologists and archaeologists, have been in continuous use since 1894.

Theodolites may be either transit or non-transit. Transit theodolites (or just 'Transits') are those in which the telescope can rotate in a complete circle in the vertical plane, whereas the rotation in the same plane is restricted to a semi-circle for non-transit theodolites. Some types of transit theodolites do not allow the measurement of vertical angles.
    Okay, a probable transit ... and for we laymen ... I guess it is a transit?

Thanks Alan!
    --Guy

Got it, thanks, Guy! So it should be that spotting scope.

I'll let you guys know as soon as he gets it open! I called dibs if a U.S. vet used it to carry home his souvenir Nambu!!

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Got it, thanks, Guy! So it should be that spotting scope.

I'll let you guys know as soon as he gets it open! I called dibs if a U.S. vet used it to carry home his souvenir Nambu!!

Ha ha , that made me chuckle ! but you never know
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2