Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Nambu Holster and Flag. Translation needed. Thanks

Article about: I am posting a picture of a Japanese Nambu pistol holster that I acquired a number of years ago. Also I am adding some pictures of a flag that my father brought home after the war. He was a

?

Default Japanese Nambu Holster and Flag. Translation needed. Thanks

I am posting a picture of a Japanese Nambu pistol holster that I acquired a number of years ago. Also I am adding some pictures of a flag that my father brought home after the war. He was a Seabee in the Pacific Theatre during the war. If you can help me with a translation of both items I would very much appreciate it. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Nambu Holster and Flag. Translation needed. Thanks   Japanese Nambu Holster and Flag. Translation needed. Thanks  

Japanese Nambu Holster and Flag. Translation needed. Thanks   Japanese Nambu Holster and Flag. Translation needed. Thanks  

Japanese Nambu Holster and Flag. Translation needed. Thanks  
    Attached Images Attached Images Japanese Nambu Holster and Flag. Translation needed. Thanks  Japanese Nambu Holster and Flag. Translation needed. Thanks  Japanese Nambu Holster and Flag. Translation needed. Thanks 

?

Flag is a wartime made fake, at least the writing is not done by anyone Japanese. SeaBees were infamous for making these to sell to unsuspecting fellow servicemen.

Holster is cool, has "553空", 空 is "sky", so probably an aviation unit, can't make out the kanji below.

Quote by Ryoyo View Post
    Flag is a wartime made fake, at least the writing is not done by anyone Japanese.

Holster is cool, has "553空", 空 is "sky", so probably an aviation unit, can't make out the kanji below.
    Concur about the flag.

Writing below:
    Hō 17
    Gun/Cannon 17