Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Naval Cap

Article about: Gents, I just purchased this piece and was hoping someone could shed some more light on it. I bought it from a reliable source and I'm hoping to confirm its authenticity. I know there are a

Default Japanese Naval Cap

Gents,

I just purchased this piece and was hoping someone could shed some more light on it. I bought it from a reliable source and I'm hoping to confirm its authenticity. I know there are a lot of cheap reproductions out there and this piece is constructed of lightweight cotton and seems to show the telltale signs of being 70 plus years old. There are no makers marks on the interior and I'm guessing late war construction?

Your expertise is kindly appreciated on any info that is provided.

Regards,

Joel

- - ------- - -

I'm so sorry about the misaligned pictures. Apparently I need help there as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Naval Cap   Japanese Naval Cap  

Japanese Naval Cap   Japanese Naval Cap  

Probably a big red flag on the stamped cockade?

?

Total reproduction.

Thanks Jareth.

After further review I had my doubts. I'll contact the dealer. Thank you again my friend.

Regards,

Joel

?

Your reliable source is not reliable!

Hope you get your money back...

Regards

Russ

All is well. Ended up taking the item back and he is a stand up guy!

Pleased to hear a good outcome.

Thanks douglas2496!

95+ % of the White Officers caps are fakes (repros or washed out repros that are then dirtied up). For "shows" buy a simple LED UV pen light. If it glows anywhere just put it down and move on. Don't feel like you have to tell someone its not right and be the "expert" - just say it's not the style you were looking for and move on.

Same step applies for Green and Dark Blue caps. If the deal is on-line ask him if he has a UV light source and to take a picture (no flash obviously) and send it too you. If he can't /won't do that then negotiate a guaranteed return on the item if your UV light makes it glow - any hesitation from them (always a BAD sign) and the trump card "I got it from the vet..." BS - then DON'T do the deal. ITS REALLY THAT SIMPLE!