Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Navy Flag for Review

Article about: I purchased two Japanese Navy Flags recently at my local Salvation Army Store and would appreciate any information forum members can provide me on them. Each flag measures about 27 by 38 inc

Default Japanese Navy Flag for Review

I purchased two Japanese Navy Flags recently at my local Salvation Army Store and would appreciate any information forum members can provide me on them. Each flag measures about 27 by 38 inches and I found no markings on either flag. I believe both flags are made of a light wool material as there are a couple of pinholes in each which I assume were caused by moths. Both flags have the red printed on them and have leather reinforcements on two corners (see pictures) and stitching is machine sewn. Was wondering if anyone can give me an educated guess as to the Era these belong to. As always thanks for all your help on these
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Navy Flag for Review   Japanese Navy Flag for Review  

Japanese Navy Flag for Review   Japanese Navy Flag for Review  

?

I have one with identical leather corner tabs and ties, and it is not a period flag.

Regards

Russ

Thanks!, glad I only paid $2.00 for both!