Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese NCO sword

Article about: Hello everyone I finally purchased my first Japanese sword, a matching Tokyo First NCO sword. I still would like a traditional shin gunto but at this point in time my budget doesn't allow it

?

Default Japanese NCO sword

Hello everyone

I finally purchased my first Japanese sword, a matching Tokyo First NCO sword. I still would like a traditional shin gunto but at this point in time my budget doesn't allow it. This was purchased through a reputable dealer but I still would like to double check its all good. The saya has been repainted at some time - does it look period or post war? The blade is pretty close to perfect but unfortunately a lot of the paint on the tsuka is gone. Happy to provide further photos if required. Thanks for any comments.

Alex

Japanese NCO swordJapanese NCO swordJapanese NCO swordJapanese NCO swordJapanese NCO swordJapanese NCO swordJapanese NCO swordJapanese NCO swordJapanese NCO sword

MAP
    ?

Looks like a very nice matching representative example. Congratulations!

I can not opine on the paint. Maybe others can.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Looks a good later model to me.

Alex,
    You have a nice Type 95, variant 2, NCO gunto! I am surprised at the "low' serial number for this variant, but the more I study these swords the more I learn that our assumptions about them are wrong and need updating.

The contractor stamp on the left was called "unknown" by Ohmura ,‘¢•º±‚Ì•WŽ¯ An Arsenal trademark and inspection mark, but I have recently seen someone post one stamped like this and they knew the contractor's name. I will update if I can find it.

Nice sword and like the wearing of the gloves.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Looks good to me although with respect to our fellow member posting above I believe it to be a 2A rather than a 2.

Regards,
    Stu

?

Thanks for the reply gents, If i come across a knot for the right price I might add it on. I've always been a stickler for the gloves once I've Ren Waxed an item. Friends and family still think its weird that I wont let them touch my militaria without gloves on.

I know it's not a traditional sword but if i were to display it what would be the correct procedure? Tuska to the left, blade edge up, in or out of saya?

Stu - Just want to say a big thank you for your NCO sword information sticky, without that I probably wouldn't have had the confidence to buy one.

Alex

Quote by Stu W View Post
    Looks good to me although with respect to our fellow member posting above I believe it to be a 2A rather than a 2.

Regards,
    Stu
    Thanks Stu! I often open my mouth before openning my reference books!!! Still learning!

?

Looks good and the paint too. Dont think its repainted.