MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese NCO sword advice needed !!!

Article about: Hi contemplating buying a Japanese NCO sword. Tokyo Arsenal private maker stamped. This has an Iron Tsuba but the fuchi is bronze not iron....looked on various sites which state this should

Default Japanese NCO sword advice needed !!!

Hi contemplating buying a Japanese NCO sword. Tokyo Arsenal private maker stamped. This has an Iron Tsuba but the fuchi is bronze not iron....looked on various sites which state this should be iron ......cant find any other concerns on it ....but prior to purchase would like to confirm this feature is ok .
    thanks
    steve
    Attached Images Attached Images Japanese NCO sword advice needed !!!  Japanese NCO sword advice needed !!!  Japanese NCO sword advice needed !!! 

?

Thumps up.

?

Certainly a good one.

?

Looks like a Suya piece made for the Tokyo First Arsenal under Kokura Administration from the fuchi stampings. Not all iron tsuba versions have iron fuchi. In fact one of those pictured in the pinned NCO sword info thread above depicts one such as yours.

Regards,
    Stu

?

Have you any other images you can post for viewing? Specifically the serial number if possible.

Regards,
    Stu

thanks all...!! steve

further pics
    Attached Images Attached Images Japanese NCO sword advice needed !!!  Japanese NCO sword advice needed !!!  Japanese NCO sword advice needed !!! 

?

Serial numbers for Tokyo pieces are read with the cutting edge down and that appears to be the case with yours. Unfortunately the serial number of the scabbard does not match that of the sword so I suggest you don't pay a premium price.

Regards,
    Stu

looks like someone miss read the 3 for an 8 !!!

?

Quote by arrestingu View Post
    looks like someone miss read the 3 for an 8 !!!
    Not sure if you are meaning I did or the guy doing the stamping did. Looks like a 3 on the blade and an 8 on the scabbard.

I recall seeing an NCO sword for sale recently where it was commented upon by the seller that the numbers, although mismatched, were only 5 apart. I wonder if it's the same one.

Regards,
    Stu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast