Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese police dirk senior officers?

Article about: Hey. I have such an interesting dirk. Can anyone have more information about this dirk? or photos from catalogs or books? You can see more photo and video in website Куп

?

Default Japanese police dirk senior officers?

Hey. I have such an interesting dirk. Can anyone have more information about this dirk? or photos from catalogs or books?
    You can see more photo and video in website Купить Полицейский кортик старших офицеров (Япония)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese police dirk senior officers?   Japanese police dirk senior officers?  

Japanese police dirk senior officers?   Japanese police dirk senior officers?  

Japanese police dirk senior officers?  

?

It has a chrome plated blade with cosmetic hamon.

Sorry, I will have to leave this for someone else, as I’m stuck in hospital already for three weeks and in no mood for archive research.

Get well soon Nick.

Hi Nick,

休もう

?

Sorry to read that you are not well. I hope it all works out OK.

Safe and speedy recovery Nick! All the best!

Geoff

Artem,

Many of us sword/dirk collectors are on multiple forums, so your lack of response is likely due to the fact that most of us have already contributed our thoughts on the NMB thread - Japanese police dirk senior officers? - Military Swords of Japan - Nihonto Message Board

Really nice dirk, and a bit off the unusual path, so probably rare.

That dagger was not worn by any senior official, but mostly by a simple fire fighter NCO class (Police and fire brigade were one organisation). Normal policemen could not wear them, but detective ranks could. So nothing rare.
    I show you the higher grade and lower grade daggers from the 1908 as well as 1936 regulations. As you see, the firemen's dagger remained pretty plain and unchanged, while the one for senior officials got dressed up quite a bit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese police dirk senior officers?   Japanese police dirk senior officers?  

Welcome back Nick! Hope everything came out ok.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast