Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Japanese Prayer flag for review, Looks interesting

Article about: Hello everyone.. I thought about buying this flag and wanted some ideas if this is a good one or not. My other one was shot down pretty good considering it "ugly" becuase of the wr

FNG
    ?

Default Japanese Prayer flag for review, Looks interesting

Hello everyone..

I thought about buying this flag and wanted some ideas if this is a good one or not. My other one was shot down pretty good considering it "ugly" becuase of the writing on it. This one looks more pleasing. The picture of the sailor was the sellers uncle. He problallt got it from a bar on trade during the war since he was a sailor. Anyways I dont care about the story I want to know if this flag looks good to go. Its made of silk...

Japanese Prayer flag for review, Looks interestingJapanese Prayer flag for review, Looks interestingJapanese Prayer flag for review, Looks interestingJapanese Prayer flag for review, Looks interestingJapanese Prayer flag for review, Looks interestingJapanese Prayer flag for review, Looks interestingJapanese Prayer flag for review, Looks interestingJapanese Prayer flag for review, Looks interesting

?

A very nice example , I like it a lot .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Great provenance!!! The main orientation should be as shown in the image below.

I do not see the recipient's name, but he worked at [lower right corner]:
    株式会社
    幸袋工作所
    Kokubu Corporation、LTD

The company is still extant and has over 120 years of history.

The "bone/seal script" on the upper right is a patriotic slogan .... I cannot decipher the leading kanji, so am putting what my best guess is -- which does not make sense:
    盡忠
    Location Sincere Loyalty

--Guy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Prayer flag for review, Looks interesting  

?

Great flag!!

Having a period photograph with the vet holding the actual flag is quite rare!

Regards

Russ

The story could be very significant and could directly tie into the flag..

It saddens me to hear when someone doesn't care about the story... This is how history can get lost to time...

With a little research you may be able to find out what the sailor did in the navy and what ship he may have been on to directly link to the vet...

Smitty

MAP
    ?

A great example! Congrats!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

He's holding the flag this way in the pic.

Regards

Russ
    Attached Images Attached Images Japanese Prayer flag for review, Looks interesting 

I know (well, he's holding it 180º to what you show). He's holding it wrong.

?

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    I know (well, he's holding it 180º to what you show). He's holding it wrong.
    Lol, I just posted it that way so you dont have to stand on your head to figure it out.

Regards

Russ

Quote by RussM View Post
    Lol, I just posted it that way so you dont have to stand on your head to figure it out.

Regards

Russ
    I appreciate that, Russ.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast