Hi Burt, the blue "W" shaped one is for Military band members worn on the breast, but the other way up.
The long red tab is for a Sgt. - Major and looks like the rank worn on the shoulder.
Have a look here:
The Collector's Guild
Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!
The red Arm of Service Breast Badge is for: Infantry and Armor
The dark green should be for Medical Dept.
The yellow should be for artillery
(from: Uniforms and Equipment of the Imperial Japanese Army in WW2)
What units are designated on your IJA dog tags?
This set actually belongs to my Supervisor who collected them when he was a kid. So I don't have posession today. I'll see if he can take a good picture of the dog tags and send them to me. I'm trying to collect info for him.
Thanks for the info.
I think I have ID'd the ribbons.
Japanese ribbons top left to bottom right
1. Order of the Sacred Treasure
2. 1935 Imperial Visit to Japan Commerative Medal, Manchukuo
3. China Incident 1931-1934, 1937-1945
4. Showa Emperor Enthronement Medal
5. WWI Victory medal
6. Tsingtao War Dispatch Medal 1914-1915
7. Order of the Golden Kite
8. Manchukuo national Foundation Merit Medal
9. Order of the rising Sun
10. Inner Mongolia national Foundation Merit Medal 1939, Very Rare
11. Taisho Emperor Enthronement Medal 1915
12. Manchuria Red Cross of Merit, Aluminum
13. Russia War Dispatch / Russo Japanese War Medal
14. Manchuria Red Cross of Merit Medal, Silver
15. Manchuria National Shrine Foundation
16. 2600th Anniversary Medal 1940
17. Manchurian Incident