Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Rear Ammo Pouch Missing Oiler

Article about: I just acquired a rear ammo pouch that has had the oiler pouch straps cut off, bummer. I could not find any markings on the inside of the lid so I am unable to determine year of manufacture

Default Japanese Rear Ammo Pouch Missing Oiler

I just acquired a rear ammo pouch that has had the oiler pouch straps cut off, bummer. I could not find any markings on the inside of the lid so I am unable to determine year of manufacture or maker. My question is; Is it worth trying to restore the oiler straps or not? It would be nice to have a complete pouch. I do not run across spare oilers though but there may be one out there. The rest of it is in nice condition. All opinions are appreciated.
    John

Japanese Rear Ammo Pouch Missing OilerJapanese Rear Ammo Pouch Missing OilerJapanese Rear Ammo Pouch Missing OilerJapanese Rear Ammo Pouch Missing OilerJapanese Rear Ammo Pouch Missing OilerJapanese Rear Ammo Pouch Missing OilerJapanese Rear Ammo Pouch Missing Oiler

MAP
    ?

Leave it be. You never know. It could have ripped in the field and been cut off in situ.......

Those cuts certainly aren't recent.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Good day gents,
    I too would be inclined to leave it as is... There are a goodly number of these pouches around with the oil bottle harnessing removed in just such a tidy manner; almost, official-looking?
    As MAP points out, it appears to have been done a long while ago.
    One cannot help but wonder if it was an approved modification at some time or even for a specific branch (exactly who, when and why that may be, escapes me, but I have no doubt that if there’s any reference out there, Mr. Komiya will find it)!
    Of course, it could always be nothing more than coincidence, but it seems strange that it was clearly a fairly widespread occurrence..
    Nonetheless, that’s still a very tidy pouch.
    Well done and best regards,
    Bob

Incidentally, I’ve got the oil bottle.. Still looking for a rubberised pouch to keep it on!

Thank you for the replies and information. It will remain as is. Much appreciated.
    John