Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese sake bottle and cups

Article about: Hello everyone, Recently picked up some more Japanese Sake cups and a bottle on another trip to Tokyo. I don't really know what to look for with these so I just got ones that were interestin

?

Default Japanese sake bottle and cups

Hello everyone,

Recently picked up some more Japanese Sake cups and a bottle on another trip to Tokyo. I don't really know what to look for with these so I just got ones that were interesting to me. Hoping someone can translate for me and let me know if there's anything of note. Sorry for the images, I was struggling to get the right light. Any comments welcome.

Thanks
    Alex

Japanese sake bottle and cupsJapanese sake bottle and cupsJapanese sake bottle and cupsJapanese sake bottle and cups

Cup 1
    Japanese sake bottle and cupsJapanese sake bottle and cups

Cup 2
    Japanese sake bottle and cupsJapanese sake bottle and cupsJapanese sake bottle and cupsJapanese sake bottle and cups

?

Cup 3
    Japanese sake bottle and cupsJapanese sake bottle and cupsJapanese sake bottle and cups

Cup 4
    Japanese sake bottle and cupsJapanese sake bottle and cupsJapanese sake bottle and cups

?

Cup 5

?

Cup 6

?

Very nice collection. The bottle is stunning!

Regards

Russ

Love it, great find! Love the gunto in the design on the bottle.

Thats the way to go in the begining buy what pleases the eye! I love the bottle! :-)

?

Very nice Alex , I really like the bottle along with the other guy's . I like the unusual framing round the artwork , of the Crane and the turtle , which are revered animals in Japanese culture . They believe it to be a mythical creature that can live for a thousand years , therefore representing Good Fortune and Longevity . They refer to it as "The Bird of Happiness" , the wings of the Crane were believed to carry souls up to Paradise . Similarly the Turtle is seen as a symbol of Longevity and Happiness .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

The bottle commemorates the China Incident:
    支那事変記念
    Shina Jihen Kinen

One of the cups [Cup 2] — with a block of kanji — commemorates the Manchurian Incident:
    満洲事変記念
    歩三二 32d Inf.

The two cups with a wreath and star commemorate a soldier’s service in the Imperial Guards.

I’m on an iPhone so cannot multitask and better ID the cups for you at this time.

Cup 4.

除隊記念
    Jotai Kinen
    Discharge Commemoration

近歩二
    2d Konoe Inf.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast