Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Samurai? Sword Signed, Need to ID

Article about: Hello, folkes. Came across this sword and although handle is in bad condition and have some damage, everything else is appear to be good. It is signed under the handle. Total length is 34.5&

Default Japanese Samurai? Sword Signed, Need to ID

Hello, folkes.
    Came across this sword and although handle is in bad condition and have some damage, everything else is appear to be good. It is signed under the handle. Total length is 34.5". I did my best with pictures.

I would really appreciate any info!
    thanks in Advance, DG.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Samurai? Sword Signed, Need to ID   Japanese Samurai? Sword Signed, Need to ID  

Japanese Samurai? Sword Signed, Need to ID   Japanese Samurai? Sword Signed, Need to ID  

Japanese Samurai? Sword Signed, Need to ID   Japanese Samurai? Sword Signed, Need to ID  

Last edited by twism94; 10-22-2014 at 09:22 PM.

MAP
    ?

Welcome back Twism. Haven't seen you around in a while. Or maybe just me not noticing.

I can't comment on authenticity but this one has really seen a very hard life. Besides the handle, the blade is in really rough shape? Are you looking to buy? I would pass on this and save up some more $ for one in better condition.

Interesting dent on the scabbard...almost looks like it was hit with a bullet...

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

thanks! This sword came with other stuff, and you right looks like it was hit by the bullet, however it is not affecting putting sword in. This is mine and i just trying to ID it in terms of maker and age. Value would be great too, but i know the rules now

If you are asking for someone to decipher the kanji, please rotate your photos and post photos of the tang vertical with the tip up.
    Thank you,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

done!

I see only a date -- is there a name on the other side?

昭和十八年六月
    Shōwa jū hachi-nen roku-gatsu
    June 1943

--Guy

just added other side as well

吉次
    Yoshi-tsugu
    [hyphen inserted to bypass the nanny-bot]

吉田 仁郎
    Yoshida Jirō

Here's what yours probably looked like when it had a new polish:

Same style signature and date (this one Showa 9).

--Guy

incredible! you guys rock as always! Thank you!!!

Due to the condition of the blade, without a hands on inspection, it is likely the blade is not restorable. It is also likely not a traditional water tempered blade and likely an oil tempered blade made in a factory. Few blades from this period are actually hand forged. I have added a sticky thread on how to photograph sword tangs as this remains a continual problem.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.