Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Shi-na-ji-hen (China Incident) Medal

Article about: Good morning Gentlemen I came across this medal on the weekend and thought it an interesting piece was sitting doing some research this morning and have found it to be one of two medals that

?

Default Japanese Shi-na-ji-hen (China Incident) Medal

Good morning Gentlemen I came across this medal on the weekend and thought it an interesting piece was sitting doing some research this morning and have found it to be one of two medals that were issued for service in what the Japanese refer to as the (China Incident). The first variation was issued for the Manchurian Incident between 1931-1934 The second one focuses on the later phase of the Japanese campaign against the rest of China 1937-1945 .This medal is a more common Japanese service medal I was trying to figure out if this is the earlier or newer variation of this medal any help would be appreciated.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Shi-na-ji-hen (China Incident) Medal   Japanese Shi-na-ji-hen (China Incident) Medal  

Japanese Shi-na-ji-hen (China Incident) Medal   Japanese Shi-na-ji-hen (China Incident) Medal  

Japanese Shi-na-ji-hen (China Incident) Medal  

?

Default Re: Japanese Shi-na-ji-hen (China Incident) Medal

Hi Mark , i like the medal very much , but i don`t recognize the ribbon colours and design .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Thanks Alan I thought it an interesting nice piece as well with a good patina. As stated it is one two medals that were issued to japanese combatants from 1931-1934 or 1937-1945 there are two variatons of this medal with slight differences.I am trying to track down which of the two this one is as the later is more common of a medal .As I have the afternoon off I will be trying to do a little more research on the subject thanks for lookIng.

Regards Mark K

?

Mark,

The medal reads China Incident but the ribbon colors are different from anything I'm familiar with.

Tom

?

Are you thinking that it was the later issued medal 1937-1945 and I wonder if someone has messed with it and changed out the ribbon Tom.

Regards Mark K

?

Right, the China Incident was (according to the Japanese) 1937-1945.

Tom