Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Sword 2

Article about: I've got a stiff neck!! 関福田兼丈作 Seki Fukuda Kanetake Saku Made by Fukuda Kanetake [of] Seki Here's another: [url=http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/m

?

Default Japanese Sword 2

This is the second Sword I am thinking of buying, this one has more decoration than the first one, also the tang has markings as shown. Any help with ID and letting me know if this is real or not would be very helpful.

Thank You
    Dean O
    Canada

Japanese Sword 2Japanese Sword 2Japanese Sword 2Japanese Sword 2Japanese Sword 2Japanese Sword 2Japanese Sword 2Japanese Sword 2Japanese Sword 2

?

Looks like an authentic IJA Type 98 Officer sword with Company Grade Officer tassel. If you want the kanji translated you will need to post them vertically with the pointed end of the sword uppermost.

Regards,
    Stu

?

No offence meant but those photos are not the best. Can you submit better of the tassel as well please. To be a Company Grade tassel it should be blue on one side and brown on the other. Is it?

Regards,
    Stu

?

Kanji like this please ... and thanks.

Japanese Sword 2

Regards,
    Stu
    PS: this is a gimei so don't anyone use it later for reference.

?

Need a photo of the scabbard tip as well please.

also,

The tsuka (handle) should be held in place with a wooden peg. If the presence in the photo of the screwdriver indicates otherwise then best you comment further as to what all was holding it together.

Regards,
    Stu

?

AS I mentioned I am having problems with the camera, I will have a friend look at it later the week.

The Tassel on this one looks gold on the outside and brown on the inside, the tassel on the First Japanese sword I posted is the blue on one side and brown on the other.

Dean O
    Canada

This one I would feel more comfortable with but, as Stu has said, better photos are required.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

There is a brass and wood pin holding the handle on, the screwdriver was used for something else.
    I will post more photos of this one on Monday

Thank you again

Dean O

?

Quote by CampX View Post
    AS I mentioned I am having problems with the camera, I will have a friend look at it later the week.

The Tassel on this one looks gold on the outside and brown on the inside, the tassel on the First Japanese sword I posted is the blue on one side and brown on the other.

Dean O
    Canada
    Hello Dean,

Perhaps I missed that part about you having problems with the camera. I don't see it in the original post nor in your other thread called Japanese Sword 1.

Regards,
    Stu

?

Sorry it may have been in the thread I started earlier today, on the German Forum about the Bayonets and Holsters I am thinking of buying, I have a couple of group shots of the group I am thinking of buying.

Dean O
    Canada

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast