Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Japanese sword blade: help needed

Article about: I just picked up this Japanese sword at a show.I believe it to be a WW2, machine made blade, since there is no temper line visible .Could someone translate the charcters on the tang. Thanks

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Definitely. Gendaito are found in the pattern with a heavily lacquered wood scabbard and lacquered tsukaito. The pattern with the metal scabbard are always mass produced factory blades. I have seen 100's of these and never found an exception to the variance of the two patterns.
    Hello Bob,
    I have one that has a hand folded blade in a metal scabbard with a leather weather cover.
    I have posted it here, please have a look and let me know what you think. I am not saying that it is an old blade, but it is hand forged.
    My small Japanese collection.
    Thanks,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Bob,
    I have one that has a hand folded blade in a metal scabbard with a leather weather cover.
    I have posted it here, please have a look and let me know what you think. I am not saying that it is an old blade, but it is hand forged.
    My small Japanese collection.
    Thanks,
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph-
    Your sword is mounted in the traditional IJA mounts. The sword that started this thread is mounted in the 1944 pattern mounts. We are discussing two different things.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Hi Ralph-
    Your sword is mounted in the traditional IJA mounts. The sword that started this thread is mounted in the 1944 pattern mounts. We are discussing two different things.
    Ah, I see. Sorry for my misunderstanding Bob.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph,

I translated the previous owner's name of your sword. I thought it was in the Japanese Militaria forum and would show up here ... but it doesn't.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

--Guy

Not a problem;I enjoyed seeing your beautiful sword and other things.As a collector, it is good to go down all paths to view, to be awed and to learn .

?

It looks like your stamp is the more uncommon "gi" stamp rather than Showa.

Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2