Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese sword help please

Article about: Hi been offered this sword can anyone please tell me if it is real please these are the only pics i have so far and they guy selling it says his father captured it he seems honest but dont t

Default Japanese sword help please

Hi been offered this sword can anyone please tell me if it is real please these are the only pics i have so far and they guy selling it says his father captured it he seems honest but dont they all !
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Default Re: Japanese sword help please

Quote by airwarrior View Post
    Hi been offered this sword can anyone please tell me if it is real please these are the only pics i have so far and they guy selling it says his father captured it he seems honest but dont they all !
    Please post photos to the forum.

?

Much better photos are needed im afraid, plus more of the blade etc

Also, this should be posted in the correct section.
    Axis Militaria & Related Items
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The hilt fittings are standard army with what looks to be an officers tassle (blue and brownish gold). Scabbard "should be" brown painted steel with hardware matching that of the hafting. The blade is something else entirely. I have had several of these where the owner replaced the simple steel military blade with a family one which was a big honor to own/carry/use.

For a complete and thorough accesment of the sword, you've got a lot a disassembly to do! Get some help from those that have done it before... it's not as easy as you'd think!

Thanks for the info guys paid the guy on Friday he said hed booked it in with courier and now this morning sent a refund and backed out of the deal saying hes seeking legal advise as his brother did not want him to sell it!!!! what a load of old guff!! quite pxxxed off about it just want a nice price Japanese officers sword .