Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Japanese sword !! is this a legit sword?

Article about: I just got this on auction not for much which is scary. The previous owner stained the hand wrap red and took it off. I just need some thoughts. I don't have the sword yet but the link I do,

Default Japanese sword !! is this a legit sword?

I just got this on auction not for much which is scary. The previous owner stained the hand wrap red and took it off. I just need some thoughts. I don't have the sword yet but the link I do, sorry I have no computer but I have the link from my cell phone. Auctiva Image Hosting

Please, do not post links to outside photo hosting sites. Post the photos directly to this thread.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/moder...uncements.html
    Thank you,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ok, I'll take pictures of it with my phone when I get it and then post it

Copied a few to get on with
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese sword !! is this a legit sword?   Japanese sword !! is this a legit sword?  

Japanese sword !! is this a legit sword?   Japanese sword !! is this a legit sword?  

Japanese sword !! is this a legit sword?   Japanese sword !! is this a legit sword?  

Japanese sword !! is this a legit sword?  

?

It all looks legit. so far, I suspect the lack of Ito (wrap) and menuki put other bidders off. Not just a matter of missing bits, but the wrap is one of the details that Chinese fakers most often get wrong and so is a good indicator of authenticity.

This gunto looks just like this one someone pointed me to. I save the pic because the officer gunto was so unusual, though either Dawson or Fuller listed red ito as known variants. The black saya seems pretty rare too. Yours is only the second one I've seen. There are plenty of the "navy landing sword" with black saya, but the army fittings on them always have the bright gold-gilding an navy same & ito.Japanese sword !! is this a legit sword?

This a WW2 IJA officer's sword with the scabbard painted black. It has nothing to do with the IJN. Must have been very interesting with red ito! It has nothing to do with Chinese fakes.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you so much for posting the pictures. I haven't had the money to replace it, but of course I had the money to buy this. It was only 200 bucks, I think the seller is mad at me he shipped it but won't answer questions. Did I do good? My uncle lives in Japan and he knows people who can correctly fix this. I know replacing wrap kills value but I would like to see this returned to almost originial I suppose. I appreciate your input and if anyone has any ideas to correct wrapping color I can restore this. I was afraid the scabbard being black it was navy but must be army from what you all say

?

Looks like you did good. Regarding Ito, replacing worn and shabby Ito might negatively affect value, but as far as I know replacing missing Ito bumps it up. You will also need menuki to go under the wrap.

Thanks for the info, what is ito ? Excuse my ignorance. . The menuki I can find a nice army worn one, might take some time..what color of wrapping would you suggest?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast