Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Sword - Need Help Identifying

Article about: Hello Everyone. I have a smaller Japanese Sword and I need help in identifying/classfying it as. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you for your time!

?

Default Japanese Sword - Need Help Identifying

Hello Everyone. I have a smaller Japanese Sword and I need help in identifying/classfying it as. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you for your time!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Sword - Need Help Identifying   Japanese Sword - Need Help Identifying  

Japanese Sword - Need Help Identifying   Japanese Sword - Need Help Identifying  

Japanese Sword - Need Help Identifying  

Default Re: Japanese Sword - Need Help Identifying

The mounting is called aikuchi which is without tsuba or hand guard. The blade is old but it would take an in hand inspection to give you further information. I can tell that it has had much of it's original width removed in polish over the years. In it's present state, I can not see a temper line. One way to test for temper is to take a penny and run it actross the edge. If the penny catches on the cutting edge, there is temper. The mounting is very quiet and pleasing.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Once again thank you for all your help Bob.

?

Geat info, Bob.

Quote by BBMATT View Post
    Once again thank you for all your help Bob.
    Thank you for the "thank you." It makes the moderator job a lot more satisfying when you can help someone out and they appreciate it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.