Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese sword signature!

Article about: hi, can anyone tell me the mark seen in the picture? As its on the wood on the inside of a ww2 Japanese sword? thanks guys..

?

Default Japanese sword signature!

hi, can anyone tell me the mark seen in the picture? As its on the wood on the inside of a ww2 Japanese sword? thanks guys..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese sword signature!  

?

Default Re: Japanese sword signature!

Hi,my freind that i meet says the one syble in the scabbard says ho ?

?

what, if anything, is typically written on the inside of a gunto scabbard?

I think I see some faint writing in what seems pencil. I assume it was the assembler of the fittings.

Regards

?

Thanks yeh you might be right as my freinds wife is japanese and i just meet them ,very nice people she is helping me some on it but she works so much she dosent have time,,,i realy do thank you for the help as i find this stuf very interesting!! I wandered abought the black paint on the blade s tang ?i guess thats the name for it..the navy sign is on it then there is the black signature?i guess,,the stainless blade is a plus as its bueaty full the nicks could be from use in ww2 ?well thats what i would like them to be but i guess there is no way to tell for sure,,or is there?thanks again im going to meet the guy /freind that i got all of the belts and buckles in 10 days and hes holding a pair of officers japanese boots and another belt and buckle set along with a very nice nasp nazi flag ,,cant wait he has a parts ss dagger not to sure whats real on it and whats not,,i will post pictures so maybe someone can help?have a great day its sunny and abought 75 over here in pa....pammy

?

Cross-reference to the same sword.
    new japanese navy sword