Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

japanese swords are they fake or real

Article about: i have just bought a samurai repro suit of armour on ebay and it came with two swords I would like to know more about them, I have looked on line and the 1st one could be world war 2 or a co

kevinholding
    ?

Default japanese swords are they fake or real

i have just bought a samurai repro suit of armour on ebay and it came with two swords I would like to know more about them, I have looked on line and the 1st one could be world war 2 or a copy, I have not been able to find anything that looks like the 2nd sword it is shorter than the sheath and does not have a hand guard and the sheath as been badly painted but handle as not should I remove the paint? any info would be really interesting thank you.
    japanese swords are they fake or realjapanese swords are they fake or realjapanese swords are they fake or realjapanese swords are they fake or realjapanese swords are they fake or realjapanese swords are they fake or realjapanese swords are they fake or realjapanese swords are they fake or realjapanese swords are they fake or realjapanese swords are they fake or realjapanese swords are they fake or realjapanese swords are they fake or real
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture japanese swords are they fake or real   japanese swords are they fake or real  

japanese swords are they fake or real   japanese swords are they fake or real  

japanese swords are they fake or real  

Kevin, the first one is clearly a reproduction of a Type 95 WWII NCO gunto. Can't speak on the second one though.

?

Second sword is fake too.

Both fake and the second one is really horrible.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

So, Kevin, since they came with the reproduction armor, it turns out not to be a real surprise that the swords were reproduction also. The 95 is a fair representation, so not a bad display piece. Sorry we couldn't give you more exciting news about them!