Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Japanese tank helmet

Article about: I thought some of you might like to see my latest flea market pickup from Japan, I am really pleased with it, an M32 summer tank helmet. I missed it last year, and the same stall holder stil

?

Default Japanese tank helmet

I thought some of you might like to see my latest flea market pickup from Japan, I am really pleased with it, an M32 summer tank helmet. I missed it last year, and the same stall holder still had it buried in a box under the table, wrapped in news paper, with a 20% swing in exchange rates as a bonus.

Japanese tank helmet

Japanese tank helmet

Japanese tank helmet

Dated Showa 19 (1944), it shows some use, one of the leather flaps that covers the ear eyelets has come off.

Japanese tank helmet

Japanese tank helmet

I picked up a few other pieces including the cap and boots below before I ran out of Yen. I’m still getting to grips with some other things I found which I will post when I get a chance.

Japanese tank helmet

Thanks Steve.

I've never seen one before, and appreciate the photos very much! These are surely incredibly rare considering the size of the Japanese Armored Corps...? Like the cap as well, well done!
    cheers, Glenn

MAP
    ?

That's really neat. Haven't seen one of these before. Great shoes too!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That is a really big SCORE!!!!! The helmet is a center piece to any japanese collection.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    These are surely incredibly rare considering the size of the Japanese Armored Corps...? Like the cap as well, well done!
    cheers, Glenn
    Thanks Glenn, they are not really rare, they just come with a price tag, finding a used one is harder, I heard there was a warehouse found after the war with unissued helmets and most that are available come from that lot---I would welcome comments from anyone that can confirm or discredit that rumor--
    Steve.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    That's really neat. Haven't seen one of these before. Great shoes too!
    Thanks, the shoes were on my want list, so I got really lucky.
    Steve

?

Thank you for sharing that pic. You can add me to that list of never seen one before. A great looking example at that . Add the Cap and shoes and you have had a great time at the swapmeets!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    Thanks Glenn, they are not really rare, they just come with a price tag, finding a used one is harder, I heard there was a warehouse found after the war with unissued helmets and most that are available come from that lot---I would welcome comments from anyone that can confirm or discredit that rumor--
    Steve.
    I believe that to be true as that was the story according to the fellow I got mine from. He got several that way. I can't see any reason to make up a story like that.

Although I no longer own the helmet I'm sure the current owner won't mind me posting a photo.

Regards,
    Stu
    Japanese tank helmet

?

Quote by Stu W View Post
    I believe that to be true as that was the story according to the fellow I got mine from. He got several that way. I can't see any reason to make up a story like that.Japanese tank helmet
    Thanks for information Stu.
    Steve.

?

Yes the story is true. Hundreds were found in a storage building behind a Shinto temple in late 70's. many have storage damage & issues from stacking etc. I have the harder to find winter fur lined variant as well as the variation summer tanker helmet with side goggle strap loops and a boxed set of tanker goggles. Finding an actual named & issued example is the real treasure

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast