Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Japanese Type 2 Grenade Launcher

Article about: Hi, thanks alot for the info, i work for an estate service at times and bought it.it belonged to a man that was in the 18th seabees over there in ww2. I might take it to a gun show and sell

MAP
    ?

Default Japanese Type 2 Grenade Launcher

Japanese Type 2 Rifle Grenade launcher for the Japanese Type 38 and Type 99 rifles.

Would have posted a pic with it on one of my Type 38 or 99 rifles but don't think my neighbors would be too happy with me taking pictures of them combined outside

Hope to pick up an inert granade in the future for it.

I think approx 50k were made. This is serial #26243.

I've read that the stampings (2 Teki-Dan Ki) read "2 Grenade Implement" or "Type 2 Grenade Launcher."

Not sure what the middle symbol stands for. Any help?

Overall conditions is very good with some minor pitting.

These (I've read once again) are direct copies for the German K98 version.

Regards,

Michael

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1917.jpg 
Views:	1133 
Size:	317.2 KB 
ID:	685603Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1919.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	278.9 KB 
ID:	685604Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1912.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	210.6 KB 
ID:	685601Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1920.jpg 
Views:	825 
Size:	320.8 KB 
ID:	685605Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1915.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	311.4 KB 
ID:	685602
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Any ideas on the middle single character? Don't want to ask my wife and get yelled at for buying another item..... :-)

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Greetings Michael,

My guess would be it is an arsenal's date stamp. The two symbols (red squares) are close, but not an exact match. Scan comes from this book Imperial Japanese Grenade Rifles and Launchers as seen here Imperial Japanese Grenade Rifles and Launchers: Gregory A. Babich and Thomas A. Keep: 9780972262705: Amazon.com: Books

Regards,

Lance

Double click on scan to enlarge.

Name:	GNL.jpg 
Views:	902 
Size:	331.1 KB 
ID:	686123

?

Very Cool!!!
    I have a type 38 and a 99 and I have never seen one of those before. I have not even seen a pic of these in use.
    You keep coming up with some amazing stuff MAP.
    Keep the Pic's Coming!

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by militariaone View Post
    Greetings Michael,

My guess would be it is an arsenal's date stamp. The two symbols (red squares) are close, but not an exact match. Scan comes from this book Imperial Japanese Grenade Rifles and Launchers as seen here Imperial Japanese Grenade Rifles and Launchers: Gregory A. Babich and Thomas A. Keep: 9780972262705: Amazon.com: Books

Regards,

Lance

Double click on scan to enlarge.

Name:	GNL.jpg 
Views:	902 
Size:	331.1 KB 
ID:	686123
    Lance,

Yup, this puts it right in the 1943 range based on the symbol and the serial number 26243. Under a magnifying glass I don't see the # below the arsenal mark. So Nagoya 1943!

I also just found 4 new marks on the bottom side that attaches to the barrel (below the serial number). It appears to be a W W W W. They are a bit hidden under some of the pitting and you need a jewlers loupe to see them. But these are the inspection stamps noted in you picture.

Thanks for the help and detective work!

Regards,

Michael

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Very Cool!!!
    I have a type 38 and a 99 and I have never seen one of those before. I have not even seen a pic of these in use.
    You keep coming up with some amazing stuff MAP.
    Keep the Pic's Coming!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    At < 50k made and most destroyed or rotted away in the jungles they are pretty hard to come by, but they are out there. I've seen a few on the net and one or two relics.

I'll get around one day to posting my 38 or 99 or 44 cavalry rifles. I also have a last ditch 99 that's pretty neat. Next one I'm itching for is a type 2 Paratrooper but these are really hard to come by.

Glad you enjoy what I post and will keep on rolling them out. My small collection is a mixed bag of anything and everything so I find it quite interesting.

Regards,

Michael

?

Interesting addition to your collection Sir.
    Collect ROA, Cossack, Schuma and other WW2 Volunteer militaria.

"Be Humble and kind, for you may find that it was Odin you entertained"

Hi, can anyone tell me what today's value is on a type 2 in good condition surface rust in spots, i have came across one and would like to find a fair price.

Default Type 2 japanese grenade launcher

Type 2 japanese grenade launcher pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	234.4 KB 
ID:	695891   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	232.4 KB 
ID:	695892  

Name:	010.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	227.3 KB 
ID:	695893  

MAP
    ?

I haven't seen one for sale in a few years but I think they were going for $1k (retail asking price). Happy if Amy one prove me wrong.

This one looks like it's in good shape. Better condition than mine which has some pitting.

Btw....welcome to WRF.

Regards,

Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast