MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese uniform project

Article about: I would think a Cap also. If you go with the helmet ,then you have committed yourself to have the rifle and cartridge pouch, then belt and then of course you would need the bayonet with frog

?

Default Japanese uniform project

Hello Mates,

I want to make a Japanese tropical display. I would like your help and opinions as I go along please.

Would these items be suitable for the display?

Japanese uniform projectJapanese uniform projectJapanese uniform projectJapanese uniform projectJapanese uniform project

Japanese uniform projectJapanese uniform project

Japanese uniform projectJapanese uniform project

Japanese uniform projectJapanese uniform projectJapanese uniform project

Cheers, Pat

?

Default Re: Japanese uniform project

Looking good so far.

Nice so far! Keep in mind that the leather pouches for the Arisaka rifle can be quite pricey!

Looks like a great start, as my other friends have said. I have been thinking of making a similar display. Keep us updated on it. Regards, Rob

?

The tunic I am not too sure about as its missing its bayonet strap thing. I am waiting for some pics of another one from a guy in Florida.

So the other items are OK? I'll go ahead and see if I can get them.
    What would be next? Anyone know where I can find the Right belt?

Cheers, Pat

?

Here is the tunic from the guy in Florida. Its an excellent issued example with period applied insignia. Much better than the other one but he wants $325 which is a lot. But if its worth it ill go ahead and make a deal.

Japanese uniform projectJapanese uniform projectJapanese uniform projectJapanese uniform project

Your thoughts?
    Pat

?

check griffin militaria, or keep an eye out on ebay. I posted a tropical mannequin a while back, so you can reference that. I would look for a different side bag/haversack. All the other pieces look good.

Do you plan on outfitting your display with a helmet or cap? Japanese helmets have shot up in price recently!!

?

Go with the field cap, displays better than the helmet on a mannequin. Maybe a pith helmet would give it a different look.

?

Hello Gents,

Thanks for the replies. I have put off this project untill I can raise up some funds and finish another project. Though I will start some time soon.

Cheers, Pat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast