Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese wakizashi

Article about: Hello folks, Picked up this rather battered old sword few years ago, can anybody help with kanji on tang, maker,year etc, your help very much appreciated, cheers willie

?

Default Japanese wakizashi

Hello folks, Picked up this rather battered old sword few years ago, can anybody help with kanji on tang, maker,year etc, your help very much appreciated, cheers willie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese wakizashi   Japanese wakizashi  

Japanese wakizashi   Japanese wakizashi  

Hello,
    If you would like someone to assist you with the Kanji on this blade, better photos are required. They should be taken straight on, with the blade oriented tip up. They should also be close up and clear.
    They may also need to be taken at different angles to allow the light to show them properly.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hi Ralph, thanks for info, will take some more pics

摂州住
    Sesshu-ju Utsunobu

Utsunobu, Resident of Sesshu

I'm unsure of the fourth kanji. It looks like utsu/batsu, but I cannot get ANY hits for 摂州住伐信.

Hopefully this partial reading will give Stu, Taka, et alia a clue to get the correct smith's name.

Cheers!
    --Guy

Edit: the second kanji is partially obliterated with only the last two strokes visible, but it is without a doubt 州 shu/province.

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    摂州住
    Sesshu-ju Utsunobu

Utsunobu, Resident of Sesshu

I'm unsure of the fourth kanji. It looks like utsu/batsu, but I cannot get ANY hits for 摂州住伐信.

Hopefully this partial reading will give Stu, Taka, et alia a clue to get the correct smith's name.

Cheers!
    --Guy

Edit: the second kanji is partially obliterated with only the last two strokes visible, but it is without a doubt 州 shu/province.
    Hi Guy-san,

I tried using 摂州住, but I can't find any info on this as well.

Another strange one.

Regards,
    Taka

?

Hi Taka-san and Guy-san

I think 氏信 could be Ujinobu , what do you gents think ?
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Hello to Guy,Taka and Al, want to thank you so much for this information, I have this wakizashi over 20 years and try as i might could find no info, almost gave up, this is a big learning step. Oriental swordmaking is a vast study in itself and i guess you folks are still learning. If you could bear with me on this i will try to submit some more clear photos of kanji, also have posted which i think is tanto blade in seperate post and would appreciate your knowledge on this if at all possible. thanks to you all, Willie.

?

Nice blade. Any background on it from the seller?

?

Hi scout, picked this out of a rubbish skip would you believe c.1985, cutting edge is badly nicked and quiet a lot of rust, but still like it, cheers.