Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 Tunic

Article about: Japanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 tunic. Nice condition with some very minor mothing and two repairs (one near collar and one lower back). Some Japanese writing on inside of collar band (An

MAP
    ?

Default Japanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 Tunic

Japanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 tunic.

Nice condition with some very minor mothing and two repairs (one near collar and one lower back).

Some Japanese writing on inside of collar band (Anyone know what it says?)

Also a label missing near the inside breast pocket. Probably for a name?

Three campain ribbons. 1) Purple/Blue/gold/Pink - China Incident Campaign, 2) Red/White - Order of the Rising Sun 7th Class, 3) White/Yellow - Order of the Sacred Treasure. I have the medals for these somewhere.....

Missing the shoulder boards. There is one for sale (fleabay - see link) for $75 but not sure if they are original or a fair price (never priced them before.)Would love feedback!

Original WWII Japanese Army Warrant Officer Shoulder Boards | eBay

Sorry for poor rez pics, lighting was bad today and camara acting up.

Any comments welcome.

Regards,

MichaelJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 Tunic
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

And here are two others I have (just a few pics - can post a full suite when lighting is better).

1) EM M98 lined cotton tunic. Four pocket type. Leading Private (Lance Corporal) collar tabs. Army badge over pocket and Unknown white patch with Japanese characters. Heavy cloth lining with issue stampings and name (in Japanese characters)

Japanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 Tunic

2) EM M98 cotton Tropical tunic. Four pocket type. Private 2nd Class collar tabs. Army (IJA Infantry) badge over pocket. No cloth lining or issue stampings on inside

Japanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 Tunic

Regards,

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Michael-san,

Thank you very much for posting your items.

Great looking tunics !!

The charaters that I can make out are:

東洋 (Touyou) - East Ocean

つな (Tsuna) - Probably, a family or unit name?? Interesting.

Cheers!
    Taka

MAP
    ?

Thanks Taka-San,

Glad you enjoyed.

Michael

?

The "M" breast branch of service patch was discontinued by the time that type of collar tabs were introduced. Makes my wonder if all insignia weren't added post war? Photos from under the collar might Lear this up showing how tabs were attached. Are there hand written kanji for owners name inside your tunics ?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jareth View Post
    The "M" breast branch of service patch was discontinued by the time that type of collar tabs were introduced. Makes my wonder if all insignia weren't added post war? Photos from under the collar might Lear this up showing how tabs were attached. Are there hand written kanji for owners name inside your tunics ?
    Jareth,

Can do tomorrow. (wait tomorrow is mothers day). Will try for Monday or tomorrow evening. Assume you are talking about the tunic with the white patch over the "M".

Thanks!

Michael

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jareth View Post
    Jareth,

Here are the pictures. Took close ups of the collar tabs, breast insignia. also of the underside of the collar and inside of the tunic where the breast insignia is attached. I've also include the Kanji for what I think is the owners name. Can you translate any of this?

An odd feature I just discovered. It looks like there was something (badge?) above the opposite top breast pocket as I see some cut threads. Included a picture of this as well. It is obvious that it was not for a ribbon bar.

Let me know your thoughts and if you can read any of the inside Kanji.

Thanks and Regards,

Michael

Japanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 TunicJapanese Warrant Officers Wool M98 Tunic

The small tag on the breast:
    つな
    Tsuna

Name inside:
    鈴木武 A??
    Suzuki Takeshi A??

--Guy

MAP
    ?

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    The small tag on the breast:
    つな
    Tsuna

Name inside:
    鈴木武 A??
    Suzuki Takeshi A??

--Guy
    Guy,

Evcharisto, Danke, arigatou gozaimasu and thanks a million. This is great. I love putting a name to a piece. My wife can read some Kanji but really can't translate it.

Assume the rest is the manufacturer, etc? Correct?

Thanks again,

Michael

The A that I cannot make out looks like "A型" A-kata [A-Form]. Does that make any sense to the uniform-experts? Or unit-experts?

--Guy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast