Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese WW2 bayonet, real or fake? Trainer?

Article about: Hey guys! Mind telling me your thoughts about this bayonet? Also any ideas about the markings on scabbard? Thanks! Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Japanese WW2 bayonet, real or fake? Trainer?

Hey guys! Mind telling me your thoughts about this bayonet? Also any ideas about the markings on scabbard? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese WW2 bayonet, real or fake? Trainer?   Japanese WW2 bayonet, real or fake? Trainer?  

Japanese WW2 bayonet, real or fake? Trainer?   Japanese WW2 bayonet, real or fake? Trainer?  

Japanese WW2 bayonet, real or fake? Trainer?   Japanese WW2 bayonet, real or fake? Trainer?  

Japanese WW2 bayonet, real or fake? Trainer?  

Its a nice authentic bayonet and frog. I havnt seen those scabbard markings before.

Yep... The real Deal.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Thanks guys! So its a combat version?

MAP
    ?

Yes. Combat. It was the standard issue bayonet. For the type 38 and 99 rifle. I have a link, not with me, for you to Id the marker marks.

As far as the etching on the scabbard. Looks to me that these were put on by the collector for insurance purposes. Common thing a while back. But I could be wrong.

Are all these items you are posting yours or are you looking to buy?

Regards

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

And great to have the frog..in such nice condition too

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nice one and with the frog that is a major plus up!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Great T-30 type bayonet made at Kokura arsenal. The scratched in numbers are probably the service or social security number of the GI who brought it home as a souvenir.

Jim

Quote by MAP View Post
    Yes. Combat. It was the standard issue bayonet. For the type 38 and 99 rifle. I have a link, not with me, for you to Id the marker marks.

As far as the etching on the scabbard. Looks to me that these were put on by the collector for insurance purposes. Common thing a while back. But I could be wrong.

Are all these items you are posting yours or are you looking to buy?

Regards

Michael
    Thank you very much for the info! I own all these, but posted stuff that I don't know too much about. For info and to see if they were real or not.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Jim P View Post
    Great T-30 type bayonet made at Kokura arsenal. The scratched in numbers are probably the service or social security number of the GI who brought it home as a souvenir.

Jim
    wicked thanks!

MAP
    ?

Danny, the link I provided on the T-99 thread will also give you loads of info on the bayonet.

Here it is again for others.

Markings on Japanese Arisaka Rifles and Bayonets of World War II

Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast