Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?

Article about: I've received two swords that my Grandfather brought back from Japan where he fought during WW2. He's passed away now, so I don't know much about the history of the swords (beyond he brought

thezippy
    ?

Default Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?

I've received two swords that my Grandfather brought back from Japan where he fought during WW2. He's passed away now, so I don't know much about the history of the swords (beyond he brought them back from the war).

I've been researching online, to include on this site, but there are so many variations its hard for my novice eye to tell what I've really got here.

Am uploading pictures (this is of the shorter one) to see if you fine lot of collectors have any advice or can help better identify these?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Attachment 563505

thezippy
    ?

Default Longer sword

This is the longer sword...

Really appreciate any input!!

Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?

?

None of these are NCO swords the first one looks like its in civilian mounts and the second one looks like a type 98 officers sword, both may have been used in combat as they have the leather field cover fitted to the saya.

Quote by thezippy View Post
    Japanese WW2 Sword - NCO?
    清光

Kiyomitsu

But take a photo of the full tang .... I THINK I can faintly see 住 above Kiyomitsu. Whatever is above 住 [resident of] will tell us in what city/province the smith resided.

Here is a list of many Kiyomitsu smiths. Perhaps one of our resident experts can help further.

--Guy