Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese WWII Navy winter flight helmet

Article about: Might you know if the Japanese M-30 Navy winter flight helmets were made after 1941? I have one which label reads Yokosuka Naval Supply with a showa date of December, 1943. (12 month 18th ye

Default Japanese WWII Navy winter flight helmet

Might you know if the Japanese M-30 Navy winter flight helmets were made after 1941? I have one which label reads Yokosuka Naval Supply with a showa date of December, 1943. (12 month 18th year). Trademark label, says Nagata & Co, Tokyo. I read where they were made from 1939-41. Any info will help confirm this.
    MartinJapanese WWII Navy winter flight helmetJapanese WWII Navy winter flight helmetJapanese WWII Navy winter flight helmetJapanese WWII Navy winter flight helmet

In my experience the "cut off date" for many cloth items is not a hard and fast thing. I have had flight helmets in this style that were in 42 and yours is "proof" supporting an even later date. This style was replaced with a simplified version in the mid-war time frame - it was not obsolete - it just had some features that were considered wasteful as the materiel shortages became more obvious and eventually acute.

The winter version of this is actually my favorite version - nice item

Quote by Long Shot View Post
    In my experience the "cut off date" for many cloth items is not a hard and fast thing. I have had flight helmets in this style that were in 42 and yours is "proof" supporting an even later date. This style was replaced with a simplified version in the mid-war time frame - it was not obsolete - it just had some features that were considered wasteful as the materiel shortages became more obvious and eventually acute.

The winter version of this is actually my favorite version - nice item

If you happen to locate another winter Navy M-30 with an earlier mfg. date, dark leather and the rabbit fur, issued if possible, please let me know. I need one for a display use. Thank you.