Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

japenese NCO sword

Article about: Hi all, I have some doubts about this sword. On the FUCHI are only 2 marks visible the: TOKYO and (I think) KOKURA arsenal mark. On the scabbart the numbers and TOKYO mark are read with the

?

Default japenese NCO sword

Hi all,

I have some doubts about this sword.

On the FUCHI are only 2 marks visible the: TOKYO and (I think) KOKURA arsenal mark.

On the scabbart the numbers and TOKYO mark are read with the edge of the blade up and if it is read by that than it should be an NAGOYA arsenal?

I (think) it is a fake?

Can someone help me?

Grts,
    Wesleyjapenese NCO swordjapenese NCO swordjapenese NCO swordjapenese NCO swordjapenese NCO swordjapenese NCO swordjapenese NCO swordjapenese NCO sword
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 05-08-2017 at 06:00 AM.

Appears to be an NCO issued WW2 Japanese Army sword. The blades were hammer forged/ stamped steel, and looks like you have the matching scabbard with it.

I believe the sword is a Chinese fake. The serial number on the scabbard drag is a red flag! They are all all over eBay.

Best, Rob

?

In what range of numbers can be seen if it is a chinese or original?

This particular sword should not have a serial number stamped in that spot. I'm sure there are some real swords out there with the same numbers as the copies. Best, Rob

It is 100% fake. All of the stampings are either wrong or in the wrong spot/order. If you would like an authentic one, I am listing mine for sale at a great price. It was already checked out on this forum and given the thumbs up.

There are a great many fakes out there, and this sword is suspect for the scabbard throats and sword tang were serial numbered.

I do know there were fake WW2 Japanese swords flooding out of the Philippines in the 1980s

Should be a wooden pin and not a screw holding the handle to the blade.

Quote by humble collector View Post
    Should be a wooden pin and not a screw holding the handle to the blade.

That is incorrect. NCO swords NEVER had a wooden pin. They were always held in place by a screw.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast