MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Jinsen Substitute Standard Bayonet Help Please

Article about: I picked this up for the collection today, paid too much, but condition is excellent if correct. Would this be considered a substitute standard or a last ditch? I am considering as substitut

Default Jinsen Substitute Standard Bayonet Help Please

I picked this up for the collection today, paid too much, but condition is excellent if correct. Would this be considered a substitute standard or a last ditch? I am considering as substitute standard. Please confirm. I also believe the scabbard is correct but beyond my knowledge and any help is appreciated.
    John

Jinsen Substitute Standard Bayonet Help PleaseJinsen Substitute Standard Bayonet Help PleaseJinsen Substitute Standard Bayonet Help PleaseJinsen Substitute Standard Bayonet Help PleaseJinsen Substitute Standard Bayonet Help PleaseJinsen Substitute Standard Bayonet Help PleaseJinsen Substitute Standard Bayonet Help PleaseJinsen Substitute Standard Bayonet Help PleaseJinsen Substitute Standard Bayonet Help PleaseJinsen Substitute Standard Bayonet Help PleaseJinsen Substitute Standard Bayonet Help PleaseJinsen Substitute Standard Bayonet Help Please

?

All I got for ref on that would be the Janzen notebook "Bayonets"and its a print picture .It looks the same except the scabbard tip is riveted in the book.
    Its says the blades were crude and blued. Its hard to tell from the pic if yours is blued. It does then it doesn't??

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

I would simply classify it as late war & nothing else. Scabbard is one of a few variations found with Jinsen bayonets. Overall a very nice example

MAP
    ?

Agree with Jareth. It's a very nice example. Fantastic condition.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Last version make from this arsenal apart one make for wait invasion

?

This type of bayonet exist in many scabbard wood variation from different arsenals and in the same arsenal, all rapresent a war economy solution for save materials, in all the work in general is more rough, look at the blade is very simple respect before and is in practice a sharp steel bar, i not known when this production start, but pictorial evidence recognize that production at end or late war for sure.

An example from Toyada Shokki Seisakusho Arsenal with the arsenal engrave used in mid/Late war, in the first

production with bamboo /wood scabbard the blade still retains a certain finish, the groove for example.

Thank you for the replies and information. Does the term 'last ditch' in reference to bayonets apply only to the very late pole bayonets?
    John

?

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Thank you for the replies and information. Does the term 'last ditch' in reference to bayonets apply only to the very late pole bayonets?
    John
    Last ditch can be last production, late war can be from and 1944 at end of war, thr production of scabbard, frog and bayonets in Japan is more large who normally we can imagine and put a date of production is near to impossible, the serial number not help much in this

Thank you again Type4. I try not to use the term last ditch too loosely since I feel it is used too broadly and not accurately. I am not sure that I used substitute standard correctly either but a more general term of late war would probably been more appropriate.
    John